Things about Nyepi at Honai Resort
Dear Valued guests,
The Balinese Hindus do not celebrate the coming of the new year of Saka calendar with lavish party; they celebrate it with meditation instead. No activities are allowed to take place. These mandatory religious prohibitions include no pleasure (Amati lelangon), no traffic (Amati lelungan), no fire (Amati geni) and no work (Amati karya). This year, Nyepi Day falls on 7th March 2019.
As cities around the globe prepare to mark Earth Hour, this Balinese Hindu ritual could show the world a thing or two about the benefits of saving energy and taking time out to reflect on life and the universe.
On Nyepi Day, we will not be able to accept any check-in nor check-out throughout the day.
We notice that you will be staying with us during Nyepi Day, kindly be informed of the below situations during Nyepi Day:
• The silence begins sunrise around 6:00 am of 7th March 2019 and all activity will be back normally after 6:00 am on 8th March
• All shops are closed on Nyepi Day
• There will be no traffic on that day in the whole Bali island
• Guests has to stay inside the resort area
• All the resort facilities such as main pool, restaurant, Spa, afternoon tea will be still can be enjoyed by the guest
• All Wifi in all resort area will be turned off during Nyepi
• When listening to the music, keep the sound at the very minimum level
• There will be less light around Hotel area
• Restaurant will be opened from 7 AM in the morning to 6 PM in the evening
• Breakfast will be opened from 7 AM to 10 AM
• Dinner will be opened from 5 – 6 pm and will be served by buffet at our Restaurant it cost IDR 180.000/person
• Room service will be opened until 8 PM with selected menu
• Spa will be opened from 8 AM in the morning to 6 PM in the evening with last order at 5 PM
• Ngurah Rai airport will be totally closed on 7th March 2019, so there will be neither arrival nor departure in the airport on that day.
All connecting airports around the globe have been informed in advance about this.
Across Bali, the activities are allowed only in emergency rooms and maternity section of hospitals and the arrival section of airport. Any emergencies are taken into consideration and tolerated. The whole island is in silence.
However, operational activities and services in the resort will operate normally.
Experience the quiet and peaceful rhyme of silence at Honai Resort Ubud
We look forward to welcoming you to our resort.